Primal Screen is looking for a remote Senior User Experience (UX) Designer for our ongoing interactive initiatives. In this key role, you will be both analytical and creative as you collaborate with client and internal stakeholders, developers, and designers to understand the big problems and collaborate on effective solutions.
This is a contract role, with immediate start for approximately 8 months (July 2022). There is potential for a permanent/staff placement thereafter.
- Submit resume and cover letter with links to relevant work to www.primalscreen.com/about/careers
- This role is open to remote candidates anywhere in the US, but East Coast hours are expected.
- To qualify, you must be eligible to work in the US
As a UX Designer, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze client needs and translate into detailed, organized documentation and interactive prototypes
- Author conceptual diagrams, site maps, user flows, wireframes, user testing, personas, content inventories and related functional specs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Collect and analyze user behaviors and needs through various types of user research (field studies, surveys, A/B testing, etc.)
To qualify for this position, you will need these skills and qualifications:
- Both a strong team leader and a team member
- Flexible, open and approachable demeanor (can-do attitude)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- In-depth knowledge of web site functionality, interactions, usability, and navigation
- Experience with common design software (Adobe products, Sketch, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Keynote/PPT etc.) for the creation of IXD artifacts, documentation, and presentations
- Mobile, responsive, and accessible design experience
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe XD
- Experience designing products in the Education Sector
- A Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience
- Some experience with HTML5 & CSS3 a plus
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction
- BA, BS, or BFA Graphic Design; focus in Library Sciences, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related area of study is a plus
Primal Screen is Better Together
Our excellent work is a result of varied talents and perspectives. At Primal Screen, we celebrate our differences of experience, outlook, ethnicity and orientation. All are welcomed to bring our whole selves to work with us every day.